Monday 26 March 2012

a Surf n Turf weekend

my goodness, I needed that! I enjoyed a sweet little weekend break this Friday through Sunday... myself and my Mom drove with my aunt and cousin up to Gweedore in county Donegal to stay in a cottage that's been in my mother's side of the family for decades. 
Gweedore is a regular beauty spot with its mountain views, time capsule thatch cottages and sandy beaches.
the sun was kind to us for the whole weekend and we adventured out onto the beaches both days for long strolls, sand-dune climbing and deep breathing of sea breeze, returning back to the car happy with runny noses, wind-burned cheeks and pockets full of seashells :)
the evenings were spent hunkered up in front of the turf fire, listening to my Mom and her sister swap holiday stories from their girlhood summers in Gweedore, solving crosswords and playing old-timey board games.
it was the perfect weekend remedy for getting over a recent slump in my mood and popping my bottom lip back in to place!









No comments:

Post a Comment