Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Breakfast Club


Want to know a secret about me? I love breakfast.
 It's my absolute favourite meal of the day. Most nights before I go to sleep I'll visualise what's in our fridge and plan what breakfast concoctions I can create with them in the morning. Ask my boyfriend. No matter what time of the day we get up at, even if we've been out all night and get up in the afternoon, I have to get up and make us some good breakfast food. Because c'mon, breakfast food rocks! Hello? Eggs, avocados, bagels and burritos? Aren't you just a little bit hungry now? 
Breakfast is just not a meal I'm prepared to skip.
I'm also a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's the perfect opportunity to load ourselves up on some vital nutrients and prepare our minds and bodies for a fabulous day ahead. So here I am to celebrate breakfast and share some of my favourite breakfast go-to's. I've been busy pinning great nutritional breakfast ideas that I want to try out too so I'll be sharing those as I try them.



So I'll kick off with one of my breakfast staples: a soft boiled egg. You seriously can't go wrong here, it's quick it's easy and delicious. Eggs in the morning are such a good idea for so many reasons: they are a complete source of protein so they are not only good for you but they'll keep you going till lunch time. Most of my breakfast plates include an egg of some description or another!


I like my soft boiled eggs really runny as I usually make some toasted soldiers to dip into them! To make the perfect soft boiled egg you need to:
  • Place your eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water by about 1 cm
  • Put the eggs on at a high heat untill the water comes to a rolling boil
  • Turn down the heat and simmer the water for 3 minutes
  • Remove and serve

How about you? What are your favourite delicious and nutritional breakfast dishes? Let's share!

No comments:

Post a Comment