Wednesday 20 March 2013

heart sabbatical




This past year since I arrived back in Korea has been a full one, packed like a bulging suitcase with  extremes; extreme highs , extreme lows, landmarks and downfalls in both my personal and love life. Things of which I have alluded to on here but not given the full un-edited version.

Sadly, for the past few months the bad moments have overtaken the good, and while I could brush them off like raindrops before, now I feel as if I'm caught up in a full blown rainstorm. 

For these reasons I have made the difficult decision to cut my contract with my school early and take some time off to go home and be with my family. To give myself the time and space for my heart to recover, for wounds to heal.

Living in a foreign country has the most amazing benefits in terms of life experience and rich memories to treasure but when things turn sour it can be a lonely, lonely position to be in.

Right now I'm looking forward to returning to the familiar, the loved ones, the comfort of my real home.

I hope you guys keep following me while I'm on my healing heart sabbatical.
My parents live in the rural countryside of Ireland, the perfect place for relaxation and wound-licking!

And gosh how I can't wait to give my parents a big koala-bear hug! 


7 comments:

  1. That's sad that you are cutting your Korean adventure short, but lovely that you get to see your family. Whereabouts in Ireland will you be? I traveled all around that country and it's good for your soul :) Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Shell, it is sad but in my heart I know it's the right choice for now.

      That's so cool you have travelled Ireland! Must have cost you though, that place aint' cheap! My parents live in County Monaghan, I don't know if you touched on there, it's very pretty and quiet and quaint.....everything I'm looking forward to being surrounded with right now!

      Delete
    2. Well, I was living in London at the time, so expense wasn't shocking at all ;) I think it was cheap compared! We didn't make it that far North, unfortunately. We basically drove from Dublin to Galway in one hit and then meandered south and around the bottom half and then back to Dublin. Such a beautiful country, I'm sure it will be good for you. I look forward to reading your new adventures too.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I had a similar situation when I moved (although still in the same country) 1000 miles away from home... At first I left because I needed to heal and I needed to meet new people. But in the end I knew my family were the ones who could really heal this heart. Honestly, since I have been back I am the happiest I have been in a long time. If it is what you think your heart needs then you are doing the right thing! :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good to hear, I struggle every moment with wether I'm making the right decision or not~ classic head vs heart stuff...but really it's my heart that needs this right now.

      Thank you so much for your kind encouragement Kellene x

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your journey home. Enjoy your last days in Korea and take care of that heart of yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely Nicole, I'll try ^.~

      Delete